Harrison had an evaluation with a vision specialist today arranged by Easter Seals. Did I tell you how much I LOVE them?? I was a little nervous bc Harrison has difficulty tracking objects and looking midline for an extended amount of time. His vision is normal and he's in stage 0, 5 being the worst, according opthamology test results. But...as his mom, I know he needs extra help meeting visual milestones. She brought in a bag of objects and a black sheet. She hung in over the thing that's in front of the fireplace and had me face him towards it. She held out a glow stick and it immediately got his attention! I was shocked. Here I've been trying to get him to track things and he's shown no interest. She explained that preemies need to focus on 1 object and block other things out. For those of you that know me, I have stuff and colorful things everywhere... So isolating objects with a solid background will hopefully help his visual tracking improve. She'll come twice a month. She's bringing me a light box that will flash images next time. I know that we're providing Harrison with every possible resource there is and that makes me feel good. God continues to bless us with resources and wonderful people who want to help Harrison.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment