Monday, April 4, 2011


We've been pretty busy since my last blog post. Lots of Dr.'s appmnts, a swallow study, visitors, physical therapy, eye appointments, and traveling to the farm. Harrison is sleeping thru the night. YAY! He wakes up around 7, takes a bottle, and sleeps til 10. He's taking 6-8 ounces every feeding and sometimes wants more. His milk is now thickened to honey consistency to prevent aspirating. Physical therapy has really helped Harrison meet his milestones. His head control is so much better and he's holding objects. He loves to kick and twist, but HATES being on his tummy. I'm thinking this is a reflux thing. This boy loves the bath tub, but hates getting out. He's very vocal and coos a lot. He's able to sit in the bumbo for a little bit. Harrison is a strong little baby and I'm so proud of him. Even though he's 6 months old, he's considered 3 months adjusted until he turns one year old. I think intervening so early will help him catch up. But hey, it's all on his terms. I can get every single service there is to help, but ultimately it's up to him. We have a vision specialist coming to our house on Wednesday to help him with tracking and looking midline. I think he sees better near sided, but we'll see what she says. I know I say this all the time, but we're SO BLESSED to have these resources. PTL for Private Insurance, Medicaid and TEFRA! You would think our medical bills would be outrageous, but everything so far has been covered except my labor and delivery copay. There's so many services, you just have to be proactive and find them. That's the hard part.


Taking care of Harrison is a full time job and I'm loving every single minute. His little personality is starting to shine and my heart melts when he smiles at me. I feel so blessed to be his mom. It's hard to believe he'll be 6 months old this Sunday. He's half way to his first birthday, which I have already planned.


Lots of my friends are having babies or expecting. I'm so glad to get to experience what a "normal" labor and delivery is like with them. I sometimes wonder what it would be like, but then again I remind myself God chose me and knew I could handle a loss and a premature baby. He picked me to help other women who will go thru this same situation.

0 comments: