Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The last few weeks..

A few weeks ago, Harrison and I took a road trip to NWA to see my Aunt Bon, Jayme, and Laura. So fun! Jayme's daughter, Ellie, was so good with Harrison. I finally got to meet baby Whit!!







We got back home and my friend Courtney brought her twins over for a playdate. I met her during our NICU stay. She's so sweet and we have a lot in common. Her boys were born at 33 weeks and she also had preeclampsia. I HATE HATE PE!!! I hope someday there will be a cure. 


We've also been rooting for our favorite NBA team, MIAMI HEAT! This is something Scoot and I loveto do together. Mary got this outfit for Harrison and I'm so glad it fits now. Perfect timing! We got to see them play 2 years ago in Miami. It was OTC!! I love D WADE and sport his jersey when I can. It doesn't fit at the moment. Gotta do something about that.... I'm hoping they win the next one in Dallas and then they play at home. It's time for LeBron to get a championship ring!! 


I also had a root canal. I didn't think it was going to be all that bad.. Yeah right!!

We've been working on solids with Harrison. He's not too crazy about it and I'm not going to push it. He pushes his toungue out. I also stopped using Simply Thick last week bc of the FDA warning. I used rice cereal instead to thicken. BIG MISTAKE! Harrison started acting different and not as happy, spitting up, refluxing really bad, and overall just not himself. So I switched him back to Simply Thick, and he's much happier. I got really concerned yesterday bc he was breathing really hard and retracting. He has chronic lung disease from being on the vent for so long. I haven't seen any signs or symptoms so far. I took him to the ped yesterdat and they did an xray. His chest looked so good and he didn't have fever. Basically his bowels are so backed up from the rice. It was putting pressure on his lungs and that was making it hard to breathe. I was using 8 scoops of rice per bottle to thicken to honey consistency. Bad idea....So Dr. told us to use a little miralax and watch him. I totally trust his ped, but I couldn't stop worrying about his breathing. It was getting worse, so Scoot and I took him to ACH last night. I really thought he needed oxygen. They got us in pretty fast since he was a 26 weeker. They checked his pulse ox and it was at 100%!! I'm sure they thought I was a little dramatic. They did an xray too and said the exact same thing. He was given an enema and we got to go home. Live and learn...I'm glad we went bc I would have been so worried all night. Next week is crazy. We have a swallow study, high risk newborn clinic, and follow-up ct scan. Please pray that his ventricular fluid has stayed the same or even better back to normal. I really want things to be calm when I go back to work in August. 

0 comments: