The Barn
Happy Mother's Day!! We celebrated with our families Saturday night at my parent's house in Rsvl. It was an unforgettable evening, full of laughter and tears. Before the party, MeMe entertained Mrs. Chrystal at her new home. She also took her to Potts Inn and the doll museum. MeMe, you are precious and I love you so much!!
Mom and Dad, the food was out of this world!!! The rain didn't stop us from having fun. I'm so blessed to have the support and love of the best family ever. I loved watching my grandmothers and Mrs. Chrystal laugh together. Mom, you're an amazing woman and I love you soooo much. You know how to host a party!! I want to be just like you... Mary, I love you greatly. Thank you for raising the best son. He's my rock.
In honor of Mother's Day, our parents presented us with the most precious statue of a little girl. The tears started flowing.... I know that I'm a mother, even though she's gone. I held her sweet little hand and kissed her forhead over and over.God chose me to be her mom...no matter how short the time was, I'm still her mother. Today, I'm celebrating and remembering those moments I had with her. When she died, a part of my heart also died. But....God’s Word tells us that He knew us before we were formed in our mother’s womb. God’s word is what I hold onto in my heart. I'm a mother because when I get to Heaven I will see my baby again. Like my dad said, my time will come...Mother's Day will always be hard because I found out I was pregnant the day after. I will never forget that day and I will never forget my baby.
It took me a long time to get to this place…a lot of prayer, the best husband, and a supportive, loving family. Tonight, give your baby an extra hug and kiss. I know someday I'll be able to do the same on earth and in heaven.

3 comments:
oh avie! what a special mother's day for you.
what an awesome day it will be when you & i get to see our babies again! what a joyful reunion that will be!
the statue is beautiful, avie. and, so special for you & scooter!
i am so proud of you for getting through this weekend (and the past 7 months) with such strenght & faith in god. you are A-mazing!
p.s. you look so pretty in those pictures! and, you wanna talk about white legs? girl, you haven't seen mine. :)
You are such an amazing person! Your faith in God through all that you have been through is a true blessing to all that know you. Thank you for being so open and honest with your faith. I still struggle daily with the "why's", but gain so much strenght from hearing other's stories.
Happy Mother's Day, Avie. What a beautiful post. The statue is such an amazing memorial, and I cannot wait to see it in person. I held you and Scooter and Baby Girl Hardin in my heart all day. I love you and miss you.
Post a Comment