Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Day!!

It's 1:37 and I'm still in my pajamas!! I woke up at 5:oo a.m. this morning, full of excitement. I started receiving "no school" text messages from co-workers at about 5:30 a.m.! I absolutely love snow days, but hate making them up in June. I feel caught up with everything around the house and it feels GREAT!! Scoot, guess what channel I'm watching???? Lifetime!! Dad refers to it as the "man haters" channel!!


Aunt Jeannie and Granny came to LR yesterday and we met at Starbucks for coffee. Your visit gave me such a lift!! I love you both so very much and thank you for listening. Glad you made it home safely!! I wish you could have stayed longer. Granny, if you're reading this, please don't go to a lot of trouble with the coat. I can pick up the yarn and bring it to Rsvl. That's what you get when you buy a coat for 25.00 that was 208.00!! I will sport it even if it has a hole!

If you're looking for a great Christian writer/speaker, Joyce Meyer is A-Mazing!! I really enjoy her inspirational messages. I'm really trying to apply her ministry to my life. Here's an example....

When God When
by Joyce Meyer

We all want good things to happen in our lives, but too often we want it now...not later. When it doesn't happen that way, we are tempted to ask, "When, God, when?" Most of us need to grow in the area of trusting God instead of focusing on the “when” question. If you're missing joy and peace, you're not trusting God. If your mind feels worn out all the time, you're not trusting God. The tendency to want to know about everything that's going on can be detrimental to your Christian walk. Sometimes knowing everything can be uncomfortable and can even hurt you. I spent a large part of my life being impatient, frustrated and disappointed because there were things I didn't know. God had to teach me to leave things alone and quit feeling that I needed to know everything. I finally learned to trust the One who knows all things and accept that some questions may never be answered. We prove that we trust God when we refuse to worry.

God causes things to happen at exactly the right time! Your job is not to figure out when, but to make up your mind that you won't give up until you cross the finish line and are living in the radical, outrageous blessings of God! The more you trust Jesus and keep your eyes focused on Him, the more life you'll have. Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure everything out, and let God be God in your life.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I really needed that prayer today Avie...thanks for sharing with us all!

Aunt Jeannie said...

Wish we could have stayed longer, but the ice...Did Scooter like the lemon slice? I've seen Joyce Meyer on television, but I've never read her books. She helped me with prayer - for me an ongoing effort. And I love this excerpt.

Anonymous said...

I lovvve this Avie. That is a beautiful prayer! So glad you had a day off to relax! :) Sorry you didn't get out today, after I promised you would! :(

Love you!!!

Mary and William McMillan said...

Hey Avie! What a great little excerpt...glad I ran across your blog! Hope you and Scooter are well. Hugs!