When our baby girl was taken to the funeral home, we were blessed to have a family friend, Jim Bob Humphrey, take care of her. He personally took the time to stamp her hands and feet on a piece of paper. He mailed this to us, along with a nice letter. Above you can see Baby Girl Hardin's handprints and footprints. As you can see, her hands and feet were small, but perfectly formed. (Thanks to my dad for scanning this document for me.)
Last night, we went to Searcy and had dinner with Scooter's grandmother, Chrystal. She is always so much fun to be around.
I had a very nice brunch with several members of Scooter's family this morning. Scooter and I are going to do some shopping today and may go to the movies. He wants to go back to Branson to see the Elvis Tribute Artist he likes so much. We'll see.


5 comments:
Perfect little hands and feet. Breathtaking. Scooter sure does want to go back to Branson and see the Elvis Tribute.. he was telling me about it Friday! He is so funny!! Glad that you had a good weekend!
It's amazing what Jim Bob did for your family. To put into words the experience he had while spending time with Baby Girl is a gift to everyone who has had the privilege to love her. Those perfect little hands and feet will be with me always - a testament to the life you and Scooter created. I love you.
Becky
Avie, I found your blog through Amber's. This post was breathtaking. I am terribly sorry for your loss and so proud of your strength and faith! Take care. Leigh (Warren) Thompson
hey avie! just checking on y'all! still think about you every single day!
wow. That is very touching. Those prints are priceless.
Post a Comment