Are you ready for the sweetest story ever??? For those of you that read our blog, this is the same little boy that rode his new bike (he received at our Christmas party) up and down the hallway. Well.... a few weeks ago, I told Mrs. Patti (Anne Presley's mom) about him. He and his needs are constantly on my mind. She said, "Avie, I'm going to pray for him and do something to help!" Boy did she ever!!! Ms. Patti went on the ultimate shopping spree at the Gap and got the CUTEST clothes, socks, and underwear for this sweet little boy. I woke up soo excited this morning because I knew he was going to be thrilled!! During recess, I explained that someone very special loves and prays for him. He looked at me and smiled. I started pulling everything out of the bags and his face LIT up with joy. I said, "D., this is all for YOU!" The look on his face was pricesless!! He pulled off his shirt and wanted to put on his new clothes immediately!! Doesn't he look adorable??? His brothers said, "D, you look so fly!" The smile on his face is something I will always treasure. This is why I'm driven to work at this school. Mrs. Patti, thank you for this sweet act of kindness. You are the most selfless person I've ever met. You don't know how much this meant to him and to me.....
Monday, April 27, 2009
A Giving Heart
Are you ready for the sweetest story ever??? For those of you that read our blog, this is the same little boy that rode his new bike (he received at our Christmas party) up and down the hallway. Well.... a few weeks ago, I told Mrs. Patti (Anne Presley's mom) about him. He and his needs are constantly on my mind. She said, "Avie, I'm going to pray for him and do something to help!" Boy did she ever!!! Ms. Patti went on the ultimate shopping spree at the Gap and got the CUTEST clothes, socks, and underwear for this sweet little boy. I woke up soo excited this morning because I knew he was going to be thrilled!! During recess, I explained that someone very special loves and prays for him. He looked at me and smiled. I started pulling everything out of the bags and his face LIT up with joy. I said, "D., this is all for YOU!" The look on his face was pricesless!! He pulled off his shirt and wanted to put on his new clothes immediately!! Doesn't he look adorable??? His brothers said, "D, you look so fly!" The smile on his face is something I will always treasure. This is why I'm driven to work at this school. Mrs. Patti, thank you for this sweet act of kindness. You are the most selfless person I've ever met. You don't know how much this meant to him and to me.....
Posted by Avie Hardin at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh avie!
i teared up just looking at his sweet little face. he is SO happy!
what a wonderful thing patti did for him. :) she's awesome & such a godly woman. i admire her!
and, what a wonderful person you are to love these kids & pray for these kids like they are your own. they are lucky to have you as a teacher! :)
Ms. Patti is the best and so are you Avie. D will never forget this day. If only all teachers...
chi chi
This story made my day! I admire you and Ms. Patti.
You are changing lives, Avie - in so many ways. You are a catalyst for love and hope, and I am so proud of you. I guarantee that one day you'll end up as a main character in someone's memoir. Love you.
Post a Comment