Thursday, March 19, 2009

Remembering 6 Months Ago-Click On Each Page




We received the most inspirational, spiritual letter from a family friend when we lost our sweet baby girl. I wanted to share it with you. It is amazing how our little baby touched so many people in such a short amount of time. Her little body made such an impression on him and I will forever hold that in my heart. My intent for this post is not to make you cry tears of sadness, but to count your blessings and never take them for granted. Scooter and I will carry Baby Girl Hardin's memory and see that it is never forgotten. She was our first child and will hold a special place in our hearts forever.
Here are some blessings in my life:
My Baby
My Faith
Scooter
My Mom & Dad, & Brother
Lu, Mary, & Mallory
Grandparents
A Great Big Family
Health
The Best Friends in the World
A Nice Home
A Great Job
Meggy Bone Dog
I AM TRULY BLESSED!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope i don't get anyone in trouble when i say that mallory actually let me read her copy of this letter several months ago.

it broke my heart then & it breaks my heart now. but, the words mean so much more to me now because i have really gotten to know you & scooter & i see how baby girl hardin has changed both your lives. and, i know you understand that i know how loss feels & how you have to find the positive in it because otherwise you just might not survive.

anyway, i have been thinking of you all week & will continue to do so. :)

Laken said...

Oh, Avie. Of course this beautiful letter made me cry. But I want you and Scooter both to know how much Baby Girl Hardin made me realize not to take my Baby Girl Oakley for granted. There are times when parenting is so hard, and she is throwing such fits, and I am on the brink of losing it, but then I think of you and Scooter, and it all goes away. I think the both of you have been remarkably strong - stronger than I think I was when I lost my first baby who was only at 12 weeks in utero. I thought I would never live to see another happy day, but I trusted in God, and he blessed me with a challenging little girl, in which I am forever thankful. I know good things are coming you and Scooter's way - I KNOW IT. Take care!!

Amber said...

oh avie! what a wonderful letter! thanks so much for sharing! you and scooter are amazing!!!!!!!