Fabulous Flowers From Emily & GlennWell, today was my official due date (Jan. 14, 2009). I remember the nurse telling me the date and I was so excited, with thoughts and plans racing through my head. We couldn't wait to tell everyone!
I was very sick most of my pregnancy.....I knew something wasn't right.... As most of you know, I delivered our daughter three months early due to pre-eclampsia. She lived for 78 minutes, which was both the best and worst time in our lives. We held her, told her we loved her more than anything and promised she would never be forgotten. In the past three months, she has changed our lives in so many positive ways. While working hard through the pain, we have found peace and strength. Our marriage and faith have grown stronger through it all. Our families and friends are the most supportive, loving people you can imagine. We know that our daughter is now looking out for us as our guardian angel. We love her more than anything!! We will never forget her sweet face.....
Thank you so much to those of you who have called and sent text messages this week. I haven't been much of a phone talker lately... I love listening to the sweet voicemails. Rozzie & Jayme, the cards were sooo sweet!! It meant so much. Jeannie & Joe, the lighting of a candle in her memory gave us a lift during the holidays. Thanks to Scooter's cousin Angela for creating the most beautiful bookmarks. Emily & Glenn, the flowers are gorgeous. Kathleen & Fred, thank you for the donation in her name. Marie, the Christmas wreath painting was fabulous!!Mary, the chocolate pie was delicious!. Mitzi, the cross always reminds me of our friendship. Lu, thanks for making me laugh! Mom & Dad, thank you for listening and I can't wait for the surprise lillies to bloom in September. Dad, I can't wait see the memorial stone and thanks for the long walks!! I always enjoy our visits. Mal, thanks for working out and keeping my mind off things yesterday. The poem is amazing!!! Jan (Jr.), thanks for keeping us entertained and also making me laugh!! I know I'm leaving someone out, but please know we appreciate all the acts of kindess and love. Most importantly, thank you for listening.......
In honor of Baby Girl Hardin, we made a donation to SHARE, http://www.nationalshareoffice.com/
a non-profit that provides counseling and guidance after infant loss.
Life is good, we have so much to be thankful for, and we look forward to an exciting, fulfilling year. I took out her memory box today and read all the cards. Saint Mary's gave us her blanket, the baby lotion, cap, and pictures. We will treasure them forever.....Today is a turning point in this journey.
Thank you so much to those of you who have called and sent text messages this week. I haven't been much of a phone talker lately... I love listening to the sweet voicemails. Rozzie & Jayme, the cards were sooo sweet!! It meant so much. Jeannie & Joe, the lighting of a candle in her memory gave us a lift during the holidays. Thanks to Scooter's cousin Angela for creating the most beautiful bookmarks. Emily & Glenn, the flowers are gorgeous. Kathleen & Fred, thank you for the donation in her name. Marie, the Christmas wreath painting was fabulous!!Mary, the chocolate pie was delicious!. Mitzi, the cross always reminds me of our friendship. Lu, thanks for making me laugh! Mom & Dad, thank you for listening and I can't wait for the surprise lillies to bloom in September. Dad, I can't wait see the memorial stone and thanks for the long walks!! I always enjoy our visits. Mal, thanks for working out and keeping my mind off things yesterday. The poem is amazing!!! Jan (Jr.), thanks for keeping us entertained and also making me laugh!! I know I'm leaving someone out, but please know we appreciate all the acts of kindess and love. Most importantly, thank you for listening.......
In honor of Baby Girl Hardin, we made a donation to SHARE, http://www.nationalshareoffice.com/
a non-profit that provides counseling and guidance after infant loss.
Life is good, we have so much to be thankful for, and we look forward to an exciting, fulfilling year. I took out her memory box today and read all the cards. Saint Mary's gave us her blanket, the baby lotion, cap, and pictures. We will treasure them forever.....Today is a turning point in this journey.
Sweet Baby Girl
Wrapped in a blanket with a little blue bow,
perfect and beautiful from her head to her toe.
Just a pound and a half on the scale she weighed,
In the arms of her loved ones she peacefully laid.
Sweet Baby Girl never had a reason to worry or fear,
Her time here was special, filled with overwhelming love,
Before she was scooped up by our Heavenly Father above.
But she'll always be with us, our sweet Baby Girl,
Who for a short time brought such joy to our world.
Written by Mal the Pal-We love you!!

7 comments:
Thinking of you today Avie.
What a wonderful and beautiful tribute, Avie. You and Scooter are two very amazing people. I love you.
:(
i know how you're feeling today & it breaks my heart.
and, you're right...whether a baby is with for 5 weeks or 23 weeks, they do change our lives forever.
i'm so glad Baby Girl Hardin got the chance to FEEL you love on her...to feel your touch, your kisses & your hugs. she is the luckiest little girl. :)
your faith & strength is amazing!
You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week! I know after this hard week, things will start moving in the right direction for you :)! Hang in there!
Avie,
I wanted you to know I was thinking about you girl. Things will turn around for the better before you know it. Let me know if you need anything.
Lauren
How beautiful. My heart is in peices right now. You have the most perfect guardian angel watching over you. I can't wait to see what 2009 holds for you all!
Avie - You have survived the worst of days--they only get better from here. Baby Girl Hardin's life was short, but so full of purpose and meaning. I can't wait to meet her in heaven one day. I love you!
Post a Comment